In this soggy episode, Th’ Lip attempts to rank (and even identify!) 6 different anejos and extra-anejos from the same distillery (NOM 1472). It’s’ a BLIND TASTING and your TEQUILA WHISPERER is looking to see if these 6 different brands are simply the same juice in different bottles.
Can Lippy tell the difference between a $24 dollar Costco extra anejo and a $70 dollar gourmet anejo from the same factory? And IS there a difference in the first place? It’s all revealed in this epic-length blind tasting. Will Th’ Lip fall on his ass or maintain his credibility by identifying the different brands by flavor and worthiness? Watch and be amazed!
(Numbers below reflect the glass numbers Lippy was using in the blind tasting)
1. KAH anejo- Aged 2 years in (lightly used) Bourbon barrels
2. TRES MANOS extra anejo- Aged 3 years in French oak, White oak, and bourbon barrels. (triple distilled)
3. TONALA anejo – Aged 2 years in Sherry/Bourbon barrels
4. STALLION anejo – Aged 2 years inwhite oak barrels
5. TONLALA 4-year- Aged 4 years in Sherry/Bourbon barrels
6. Costco’s KIRKLAND extra anejo – Aged 3 years (in something)
(Numbers below are listed in descending order of Th’ Lip’s preference)
3. TONLALA 4-year
4. TRES MANOS
6. KIRKLAND extra anejo